Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just Like Mom

My Josh...he can't stand not being able to do everything we can do. So what does he do? He tries anyway. He saw me eating my favorite dessert...cookies and milk. He saw me dunk my cookies in the milk and what does he do? He just has to dunk his too.

And before you freak out that I'm feeding my 11 month old cookies and milk just know that he started grabbing our food off our plates at 4 months old, started insisting that he drink from our water bottles at the same time, and now eats everything, literally, that we do. He had his first bite of steak tonight, chewed, swallowed, and bugged me for more. He fed himself baked potato with a spoon (getting most of it in his mouth no less) tonight also. Visit my husband's blog to see photos of him using a spoon for the first time.

2 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

My fourth one was just like your Josh. I never could get him to eat baby food. He only wanted what we were having and he ate it all. He was actually way easier than the other three! :)

Michelle Olsen Sasak said...

I think it's great that he only wants regular food, and that he's good at eating it. My girls always preferred texture and complex taste to drippy purees any day. Besides, every kid deserves cookies sometimes :)