Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Calgon Take Me Away

Remember those old commercials?

I have a huge headache. I just got back from grocery shopping (yes it is almost 9pm but it was the only time I've been able to go) with a tired and unhappy infant. The store was out of turkey tenderloin that I needed for tonight's dinner that became tomorrow's dinner which is now totally off the menu since neither of the two stores I shop at had it. They were also out of two other items that were on sale that I wanted. Then I had to deal with trying to get all of the groceries in the house by myself since the hubby and older kids are at Awana. He's too heavy for me to carry one-handed while carrying groceries in the other hand so I put him safely on the living room floor and headed out the door. My goal was to get them all in one trip...about 10 bags worth. Did I mention that my child screams bloody murder if I walk through a door, any door, without him? That's just what he did. I could hear him all the way out at my car which was parked on the street. Not only that but he crawled over to the door and blocked it making it very much harder for me to get back in with all my groceries weighing down both my arms. Then while he continued to be quite unhappy with me I had put it all away. Then I went upstairs to get his jammies on. While up there I noticed that my husband had no pants hanging on his side of the closet. Where did they all go? So I loaded up a basket and carried it downstairs with baby on top. I put him back down on the living room floor and headed out the back door (oh no! not another door!) to load the washer. He's all better now...nursing himself asleep on the nursing pillow with a laptop on top of him.

Now about that headache...

...oh I forgot, we are out of tylinol...

...we have tons of excedrine...

...but nursing moms can't have aspirin...

~sigh~

1 comment:

Michelle Olsen Sasak said...

I remember the days of the girls crying every time I put them down or left a room. I wish I could say I am done with having babies, but hopefully in the next 5 years I will have another. Then I get to carry one around all day unless I want my ears to bleed too. Just remember they are worth it :)