Tuesday, January 8, 2008

GG Totals #1

I've mentioned The Grocery Game before..it's a way to save quite a bit of money on your groceries, household products, and bath/beauty products. In the past, I've been able to save between 55% and 65% off the shelf price by stocking up on things we use when it is at its lowest sale price and with a coupon. Then when we need it, we already have it and don't have to pay full price for it.

I haven't been able to get quite that good of a percentage off the last few weeks because I let my stockpile dwindle and I'm having to buy some things at a higher price than I'd otherwise pay. I'm still doing fairly well though. These are my totals for Safeway and Albertson's. I haven't made it to Walgreens yet. I have to look at that list to see if I want to fit it in still or not.

Shelf Price- $357.43
Amound Paid - $185.11
Amount Saved - $172.32
Percent Saved- 48.2%

As you can see, I spent quite a bit at the two stores even though I got it all at almost half off. You should know that this is way more than just what I need for this week. And, if you choose to play the game, you don't have to spend this much. Eventually, when my stockpile is restocked, my weekly totals will go down to about $75 a week or so.

No comments: