Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Whys Of It All

Why a blog? Well, why not a blog? Everyone's doing it. I know, I know. If everyone jumped off a cliff, would I follow? Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on what's at the bottom of the cliff, I guess. Aside from that, I've recently discovered blogs and they're cool, neat, fun, and wonderful distractions. Plus, I keep finding blog contests that I can't enter because...well...I don't have a blog. There you go. Now you know the real reason. I want to win stuff! LOL No really. It just looked like I was missing out on all the fun and, perhaps, it would provide me just a little bit of accountability to be less distracted and more likely to finish what I start.

Why "Shiny Distractions?" Well, that is a special tribute to my husband. You see, I'm a distractable person and the fact that I'm easily distracted has been a bit of a joke around here. Recently, he summed it up nicely with "Ooh, Shiny!" Unfortunately, that little phrase was already taken so I had to come up with something else. And, well, it made a nice blog title, provided content, covered just about everything in my life, and offered a fun new distraction.

So, what should I be doing right now instead of blogging?
Showering. Cleaning. Grocery shopping.

No comments: