Wednesday, February 20, 2008

WFMW - Wedge Pillow

I'm all out of organizing tips for now. Since my family just got over the flu, I have a illness related tip.

A good friend of mine gave me one of these when I was pregnant with Josh:




It is a wedge pillow designed for sufferers of acid reflux. She had bought an extra one and found she didn't need it. When she heard that I have horrible heart burn when I'm pregnant, she gave me her extra and boy am I so grateful she did...for many reasons.

This pillow is awesome for heart burn. With my first two pregnancies, I had such a hard time falling asleep because of the terrible heart burn I suffered. I would be woken up in the middle of the night with reflux (stomach acid coming up). This last pregnancy I had NONE of that, not a single bad night. I attribute that to the pillow.

It is also wonderful to have around for sick kids. All three of my kids have used the pillow on more than one occasion. It's great for when their little noses get stuffy. You know how they can breathe better when elevated? Well, if you have one of these pillows, they can sleep the whole night elevated. Having this pillow has improved the quality and quantity of sleep both my sick child and I get when they are sick. I love it.

When it isn't in use, I simply slide it under my bed. They aren't cheap but now that I know about them, I'd pay the money to have one. There are several different ones available at a range of costs. I can't vouch for the comfort of the others but mine looks just like the one at this link: http://www.comforthouse.com/skincaretool.html

Check out Rocks in my Dryer for more great tips.

2 comments:

Daiquiri said...

I've seen these before and always wondered if they really work. I'll have to give them a try. Just got through having 3 of my 4 kids with the cold...wish I had known then! :)

Daiquiri

Suswan said...

Wow! I'm so glad to hear that it worked so well!I wish I'd had one when my kids were little. Would have brought some relief on some of those miserable nights when kids had stuffy noses.