Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Full Body Pain and Now Fever

Ugh! I feel absolutely miserable. Sunday night I went to bed feeling a little yucky but not too bad. Within a couple of hours, though, I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep. It was like a had a high fever (you know how that feels) but I had no fever. It continued through Monday until last night my temperature went up to 98.4; my normal is 97.5. By the middle of the night, I was curled up in a ball, shivering, with a temperature of 100.8.

I've been thinking about what's going on. I mean, why would I be hurting like I had a fever but not have one? Why would the pain preceed the fever? I realized this morning that I've been ignoring a backache for a couple of weeks now. There's a possibility that I've been ignoring a UTI. Now that the fever is here, I think the tropical temperatures have given the bacteria in my nose a reason to celebrate and multiply because I now have sinus pain and congestion too.

So I called my doctor's office this morning to make an appointment to make sure I don't have an infection. I got an appointment for 2:30pm. It's been the longest day in my life waiting for it. I still have another hour to wait and already it feels like I've been waiting all week.

Oh, and Josh hasn't been sleeping well; he's up almost hourly. He's also being very fussy today.

Where's my Calgon?

No comments: